The Production Coordinator overseas all production of swimwear and sportswear from initial design sample to bulk factory order to wholesale fulfillment and shipping. Must have an eye for detail, understand high quality garment construction, and be excellent at negotiating pricing and timelines.
The Production Coordinator works in tandem with the Technical Design Director, Creative Design Director, CEO and 2-3 production assistants to achieve the highest quality swim and sportswear that ships on budget and on time to our wholesale and retail accounts worldwide.
As an important member of a small and growing company, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a range of exciting projects we have coming up.
- Daily factory visits to our multiple NYC based production factories
- Create tech packs for all styles
- Work with Technical Design Director and factory to create initial design sample
- Organize fit testing and approval before production begins
- Negotiate with factory to achieve target price and timeline
- Order all sample fabric, trims, and styles
- Check all grading and markers before cutting
- Monitor quality control
- Monitor/ensure on-time delivery
- Work with fabric mills, reps and trade shows to source new fabrics
- Manage the costing program to ensure all production stays within budget
- Oversea shipping and fulfillment of wholesale purchase orders
- Identify new factories or expand facilities of existing factory base
- Develop and maintain strong communication and relationships with vendors and factories
- Must live in NYC (our studio is in Bedstuy, Brooklyn)
- Highly organized
- Passionate about quality and make
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good people management/delegation skills and strong team player
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months apparel production/sourcing experience
- Conversational Spanish, Mandarin, Korean language skills a plus
- Hours: Part or Full-time – 25-40 hours
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Production Coordinator” in the subject line.
Chromat is architectural swim, lingerie and athletic wear designed for strong, powerful women.
Chromat began in 2010, drawing from founder Becca McCharen-Tran's background in architecture.
Each collection explores the intersection of architecture, fashion and technology, producing garments that augment and enhance the body’s performance through innovative design and cutting-edge technical fabrics. Chromat is focused on empowering women of all shapes and sizes through perfectly fit garments for every body.
Chromat won the 2013 Design Entrepreneur NYC award and was a finalist for the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund in 2015. Strong, bold women all over the world—including Beyoncé, Madonna, Serena Williams, FKA Twigs, Zendaya, Taylor Swift, Tyra Banks, and Nicki Minaj—have made statements in Chromat looks. Chromat has been featured in Vogue, the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Refinery 29, Self Mag, Numero and more and is available at Barneys New York, Selfridges, Shopbop and specialty stores worldwide.
About the studio:
Chromat is always looking to foster exciting & fresh perspectives in every area of design. The Chromat design headquarters is based in Bedstuy, Brooklyn. Because the current team is small, the work environment is casual and we welcome new ideas and collaborations. The team keeps it positive, fun and productive. We love our jobs and have fun with the work we are doing at Chromat- we hope you will too.