Chromat Fashion Design & Production Internship
Chromat is always looking to foster exciting & fresh perspectives in every area of design. We're currently seeking a Design & Production intern for Fall. Position is part time (3-5 days a week, depending on availability) and is for school credit. Includes transportation.
- Be an awesome, fun and fashion-loving person who is eager to be creative and learn all sides of the fashion design processes
- Sewing skills required (we have two industrial straight stitch machines, a cover stitch machine and a serger)
- Previous learning or experience with garment construction, patternmaking & draping
- Ability to problem solve and translate sketches and ideas into working garments
- Basic knowledge of Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop (creating technical flats)
- Interest in technology & fashion tech innovation
- Detail oriented, strong work ethic
Selected interns will gain knowledge and experience in all areas of the design & production process, from concept to completion. You will get the chance to participate behind the scenes in NYFW, assist with photo shoots, source materials in the garment district, and participate in design & production projects. You will also have the opportunity to create a Chromat piece to own.
The Chromat headquarters is based in Brooklyn. Because the current team is small, the work environment is casual and we welcome new ideas and collaborations. The team keeps it positive, fun and productive. We love our jobs and have fun with the work we are doing at Chromat- we hope you will too.
To apply for this internship, please send your CV & Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Chromat Design Internship" in the subject line.